On this day, the fourth of February, my parents celebrate thirty years of marriage. As a result, I thought it only fitting to offer a word of thankfulness, a tribute if you will, for two people whom God has used as tools in shaping my life- My mom and dad.
On November 7, 1988, God blessed me by giving me parents with a steadfast love and devotion to God, and to each other. From day one of my life, my mother and father would become my role models and my inspiration, guiding me down the path God set out for me.
The road has not been especially easy for my parents. Seven children are daunting to most people. But God created my sister, Lindsay, more unique than most. She was born with a chronic neurological condition that would begin in infancy. As a result, much of her life was spent in and out of hospitals. I can only imagine the physical and emotional reservoir which my parents must have drained with each long visit to the hospital. To add a few more straws, during this time, my parents were faithfully raising six other children. Through these rough times, they remained faithful to God. Their love for each other deepened. While caring for us, and for Lindsay, their tenderness and patience shone each moment. Lindsay rejoined the Lord when she was twelve years old. When I think of Lindsay, I remember the love and compassion that my parents bestowed on her.
Seeing the comfort and the tender love of my mom and dad for us children and for my sister truly fuels my desire to be a nurse. The message of compassion that a person can give with one touch, one stroke, is powerful. I have seen this compassion and patience in my mother and father.
I truly believe that God used my parent’s character, their patience and love, to thread our family closer together. I love my family very much. We are strongly knit together. I can honestly say that I enjoy and cherish the company of each member of my family.
To summarize, I suppose I would just like to say that I love my parents very much. They have shown me the importance of trusting God wholeheartedly and putting my faith in Him. They have also shown me the love that can come of a marriage blessed my God. I can only hope and pray that one day I will be a parent like that which was given to me.
I love you, mom and dad!
On November 7, 1988, God blessed me by giving me parents with a steadfast love and devotion to God, and to each other. From day one of my life, my mother and father would become my role models and my inspiration, guiding me down the path God set out for me.
The road has not been especially easy for my parents. Seven children are daunting to most people. But God created my sister, Lindsay, more unique than most. She was born with a chronic neurological condition that would begin in infancy. As a result, much of her life was spent in and out of hospitals. I can only imagine the physical and emotional reservoir which my parents must have drained with each long visit to the hospital. To add a few more straws, during this time, my parents were faithfully raising six other children. Through these rough times, they remained faithful to God. Their love for each other deepened. While caring for us, and for Lindsay, their tenderness and patience shone each moment. Lindsay rejoined the Lord when she was twelve years old. When I think of Lindsay, I remember the love and compassion that my parents bestowed on her.
Seeing the comfort and the tender love of my mom and dad for us children and for my sister truly fuels my desire to be a nurse. The message of compassion that a person can give with one touch, one stroke, is powerful. I have seen this compassion and patience in my mother and father.
I truly believe that God used my parent’s character, their patience and love, to thread our family closer together. I love my family very much. We are strongly knit together. I can honestly say that I enjoy and cherish the company of each member of my family.
To summarize, I suppose I would just like to say that I love my parents very much. They have shown me the importance of trusting God wholeheartedly and putting my faith in Him. They have also shown me the love that can come of a marriage blessed my God. I can only hope and pray that one day I will be a parent like that which was given to me.
I love you, mom and dad!

2 comments:
Heres some comment love from your favorite person!! :P You are a great writer, that post is amazing! I think your parents are great too.
More posts! no changing your skin/template until you post some more!
Post a Comment