I think it's very true that there are some things you don't truly appreciate until they're gone. I can think of a few examples right now: home-cooked food, shower, being able to flush toilet paper (mexico...) and SLEEP! So now I'm going to give you a glimpse into the life of a procrastinating nursing student at assignment/exam cram time: Ahem. Here is my last week, utilizing the ever-fashionable 24 hour clock:
Sunday: Go to church. Go to sister's house. Home for an hour, in which in which I cram for a Nursing Exam. Go to church. Come home. Write Nursing Paper until 0230. Go to bed.
Monday: Wake up at 0630 to finish editing paper. Print off paper. Go to classes. Write nursing Exam. Hand paper in. Go home. Cram for Religions exam. Go to bed.
Tuesday: Wake up. Finish cramming for exam. 1200: Write exam. Go to work until 2200. Come home. Go to bed.
Wednesday: 0800-1300 Start researching for next paper. Go to work until 2200. Go to hospital to research Thursday's client. Leave hospital at 2330. Get home at midnight. Begin research for next day/make care plans/memorize drugs. 0200: Go to bed.
Thursday: 0515: Wake up to get ready for clinical. Go to clinical. Come home. Attempt to choose topic for next nursing paper. 2300: Go to bed.
Friday: 0515: Wake up to get ready for clinical. Go to clinical. Come home. Attempt to decide on a client/topic for nursing paper. Go to bed.
Saturday: 0430: Wake up and get ready for work. Go to work. 1500: Get home. Find 10000 completely useless and pointless journal articles. Try to chooose topic for nursing paper. Find 10000 somewhat useful journal articles. Get frustrated. 2200: Decide that it's time I just chose a topic for my nursing paper. Choose topic. Begin compiling research. 0100: Go to bed. Sources chosen. Introduction done. Paper writing to go.
Sunday: Go to church. Go to sister's house. Go to church. Come home from church. Begin some serious and frantic paper writing. 0400: Go to bed, paper almost complete.
Monday: 0630: Wake up, finish up paper in a tizzy. Frantically APA-ize my sources. Print paper, find keys and jump into car. Hand in paper. Sleep with eyes open through 6 lame hours of class.
If you're interested in what the week before last week looked like, just sub in a different paper, and waking up at 0430 on Tuesday and Wednesday.)
Can't wait to start it all again! No. But seriously, though, the good (bad?) thing about being a professional procrastinator is that life seems to explode in spurts. (So, while the last two weeks, I averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night, thankfully, assignment/exam crunch time is done and I can begin to catch up...for at least a week, that is... :/ Adios!
P.S. You may be impressed to discover that I somehow managed to find some valuable Facebook time! =D Sad? Yes.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Where art thou, Sleep?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! I think I would die! Or at least give up halfway through. Now that's dedication!
Excellent post. I HATE SCHOOL! You are such a trooper, and a way harder worker than I am. Good job girly!
haha why thank you.
Post a Comment