Monday, May 26, 2008

raindrops keep falling on my head...

During May-long weekend, my family usually goes camping in Waterton. With a wedding during the May long weekend, we decided to go the following weekend (this past weekend). It wasn't a hard decision, especially since the last few years' trends promised awful weather on the long weekend. This year, however, the tides changed and we had beautiful, sunny weather on the long weekend at home. During the middle of last week, it began to rain. My family left for Waterton on Thursday. They suffered through a continual downpour. By the time that I went up on Saturday morning, a water warning had been issued for the Waterton and Belly River area. For good reason! I have never seen so much a huge amount of water in Waterton. After sitting in the trailer for the morning, we decided to go for a drive. But the road to Cameron Lake..closed. Red rock canyon? Closed.



Needless to say, we had a very wet vacation. As soon as the rain stopped, we all scampered out as quickly as we could to enjoy the mountains and take some pictures. I cannot believe the amount of water-houses three feet in water, picnic tables completely submerged. Cameron Falls was so full that we couldn't see the rock! Either way, we had an enjoyable time, although we didn't get to see a lot of the mountains. In a few weeks, I go camping with some friends, and I can only hope that we see more sun!

1 comments:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
design by suckmylolly.com